Vision is the ability to see beyond the present, even when there is no sign to point you to what you can see, but you see something that has not materialized but believe it can materialize.
A Vision is what can be fulfilled in your life time while a dream might not materialize in your lifetime; this is a clear difference between both.
Your old men will dream dreams; your young men will see visions. Joel 2:28
Vision gives you the ability and energy to forge ahead in the midst of challenges and difficulties.
Vision is a propelling force that pushes a man forward to achieve his plans or lifelong goals.
Vision is for the young at heart, who desire to make a difference in his world.
A man with vision makes a dent on the world.
FACTORS THAT AFFECT YOUR VISION
1. The Length of Your Goals: if your goals are short term, you will achieve short term results while long term goals puts you into perspective and enlarges your capacity to see, just like you cannot use a binoculars to see the outer space. The length of your goals affects the resources you put out to plan to achieve your vision.
2. Your Lifestyle: if your you live your life for the now, you are definitely going to have a myopic vision as your vision will not be beyond the present as you don’t see need for tomorrow as you will tell yourself lest live now and wait for tomorrow to come, this attitude doesn’t give you the force to plan for the future.
3. Your Mindset: your vision is actually shaped by your mindset; this is your attitude, outlook, mentality, believe system and your approach to life, this has destroyed allot of destinies as its particularly dangerous for those who are not teachable or who refuse to learn, their believe is final and nothing can change it, except they have a personal experience, and personal experience is not the best way to learn as some experiences might be very dangerous , its best to learn from peoples experiences.
4. Your Thoughts: what you ponder about matters, what you meditate on matters also and all these affect what you can see in the future, if you think limitations you will see limitations, if you think obstacles you will only see obstacles, your thoughts are actually a very strong vision magnifier or it can blur it.
5. Your Associations and Friends: your associations affect the size of your vision, if your friends or you associate with people who have a 2by2 vision they will cut down your 12by12 vision to their 2by2 vision, so in your best interest associate yourself with people who have a more bigger and larger vision as they will help to stretch your vision further. so mingle with people that have vision, not visionless people.
There is a popular adage that says “show me your friends and I will tell you who you are.
Also in the Holy bible its says “Proverbs 13:20 He who walks with wise men will be wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm”
6. Your Exposures: a lot of people want to stay in their comfort zone forever, they don’t want to travel to other cities, visit locations, eat out, meet other people go for programs, attend a course etc., how will you expand your eyes as what you see affects your vision.
if you have never seen or entered a high performance car before how will you aspire to have one as you cannot tell the difference with your old 1999 Toyota Carina 11, you will even believe there is no car like that, that even owning one is a waste of money and resources. You heard someone bought a pair of shoes for N20,000 you are thinking is he mad why all the waste?
Poverty is also a very strong factor as a lot of people are not just poor but they are very poor in the mind, poverty is first from the mind then it begins to manifest in the outside.
Vision is a powerful tool for a man to shape his future, run from a man that has no vision as he will definitely drag you a mile backward towards poverty and hopelessness.
Stay true to yourself and believe you can